The UCC Library actively supports scholarship, teaching and research at University College Cork.
- Library Support for your research
- Library Support for your students
- Library Support – Library collections
More in this section:
- Accessing UCC Library
As a staff member of UCC you are entitled to use the Library. To gain entry you will need a valid UCC Human Resources Staff Card. This can be obtained from the UCC Human Resources Department.
Staff library accounts are not automatically created, Staff must fill out a Library Registration Form and submit it to the Customer Services Desk. A library account will then be created for you.
If your Staff Card is lost or broken you will need to get a replacement from Human Resources.
- Accessing other Libraries
- Accessing electronic resources from off campus
You will need a Library PIN to access e-resources from your home or anywhere in the world. To create a PIN (personal identity number) go to Your Library Record Enter your name and staff number. You will then be asked to enter a PIN. The PIN must consist of at least six characters, a combination of letters and numbers. If you forget your PIN, select the Forgot Your PIN link. If you have problems with your PIN or accessing resources, contact us.
- Accessing the campus wireless network
|Loan Period||Fines (per day)|
|Standard Loan||6 weeks||50c|
|Short Loan||5 days||50c|
|Open Reserve||4 hours||€1.00 (€30.00 maximum)|
Total Items Allowed - 25
This allowance includes a maximum of 3 Short Loans
- Institutional Repository - CORA
- Inter Library Loans
- Library Representatives
- Library support for your students
- Retired UCC Staff
When a member of UCC Staff retires all their privileges with UCC Library remain unchanged.
However there are some procedures that will need to be followed.
The retired staff member will need to:
- Contact Human Resources to get a new Staff ID Card.
- Visit the Boole Library Customer Services Desk with this card so that their Library Account may be updated.
For information on Staff privileges click here.
- Visiting Academic/Researchers
Occasionally Departments require library access for visiting academics or researchers. The visitor should fill out a Library Registration Form and present it at the Customer Services desk in the Boole Library with a letter from their department.
This letter must be on headed paper and include the following information:
- The visitor’s full name.
- Confirmation that they are working with the department.
- The end date of their association with the department.
A Library account will then be created and access card issued.
Please Note: There is a €10 refundable Deposit payable for the access card.
Last updated: 11 November 2015