The Library will be running the 5 ECTS Credit Module – PG 6009 Graduate Information Literacy Skills – from 17th to 20th November.
To register: Please contact Ronan Madden at email@example.com or use the Online Booking Form.
Please note: Places are limited.
Venue: Research Skills Teaching Room, Room B-14, Q-1 Boole Library Basement, UCC.
Designed for PhD and Research Masters (MRes etc.) students, the module will provide an introduction to the principles and practice of Information Literacy, as applied to postgraduate research. For more information see here.
- Unit 1: Research Resource Discovery
Ger Prendergast (Business & Social Sciences Librarian)
- Unit 2: Using the Web Effectively & Evaluating Research Resource Results
Ronan Madden (Arts & Humanities Librarian)
- Unit 3: Tracking Down Results & Keeping Up-to-Date Catherine Clehane (Engineering & Food Science Librarian)
- Unit 4: Managing Your Information
Richard Bradfield (Science Librarian)
- Unit 5: Ethics in Using Information
Anita Wilcox (E-Resources Librarian)
- Unit 6: Publishing and Disseminating your Research
Professor Brendan Dooley (Renaissance Studies)
Dr. David O’Connell (UCC Director of Research Support Services)
Breeda Herlihy (CORA Institutional Repository Project Officer)
- Unit 7 (Optional): Using Archives for Research in Ireland
Emer Twomey (Library Archivist)
- Unit 8 (Optional): Using Special Collections for Research in Ireland
Elaine Harrington (Special Collections Librarian)