To make holds (requested books) more accessible the Boole Library is introducing a Self-Service hold shelf system
- The books will be kept in the High Demand Collection on Q-Floor of the Boole Library.
- Hold books can now be collected during Boole Library opening hours.
- Books are shelved under your surname
- Check out the item using the self-issue machine in the High Demand Collection area.
- Return items as normal through the book return unit
You will not be able to borrow a hold if:
- You have fines of over €5 on your account
- You already have the maximum number of checkouts on your account
- You have overdue items on your account
This is a pilot project in the Boole Library only, it does not apply to Brookfield and CUH libraries.