In an exciting new student focused project brought to you by IT Services and UCC Library in collaboration with Disability Support Service, UCC Students Union and LAPSAFE, we are delighted to announce that the automated self-check (LAPSAFE) locker system is now up and running on the ground floor of UCC Library.
Highlights of this new self-service system include:
- 48 Laptops available to borrow by students to use in the Library.
- Use your student card to easily borrow a fully charged laptop for a maximum of 4 hours.
- Borrow a brand new, lightweight, easy to use Chromebook laptop.
- Single Sign on with your UCC email account for easy instant access to many of our existing Student IT Services such as Google Apps and Blackboard.
- A Cloud focused service: Use Google Apps and Office 365 online to automatically save your assignment work to the Cloud as you work. No need for USB sticks or worry of losing assignment work.
- Share Chromebooks wirelessly to the screens in the Library Creative Zone using Mirroring 360 for easy collaboration on group project work and presentations.
This service is available at any time during the main Library Building opening hours.
For a full outline of this service please see: