If during the Academic Year you wish to consult an item in the Library of another institution, UCC Library may issue you with a Letter of Introduction to the Library of the other institution.
This applies during the Academic Year and is valid for one visit only.
It does not guarantee access. The institution you are visiting may refuse you access during busy periods of the year. It would be advisable to check before visiting. A list of other Irish Third level institution libraries can be found here.
The material you wish to consult must not be available in UCC Library.
You will be bound by the rules and regulations of the libraries you are visiting. Any fines or penalties imposed in another library can be applied to your UCC Library Account.
Please check the UCC Library Catalogue and talk to the Subject Staff to ensure we do not have access to the material you require. Access to material not held in UCC Library can also be gained through Inter Library Loans.
- Download the Application Form, print it out and fill it in.
- Return the completed form to the Library & IT Desk, Q Floor, Boole Library, UCC.
- Your Letter of Introduction should be ready for collection within a week.
- Please ensure that you have your Student Card with you as Library Staff will need to check this before issuing you with a Letter of Introduction.
- If you are going on a placement please order your Letter of Introduction in advance.
- Check the Catalogue of the Library you are visiting to ensure that they have the material you require. This can be done through the individual Library Catalogues (above) of the institution you are visiting.
- Your Library Account must be clear of fines and overdue items before a Letter of Introduction can be issued.
- Before you visit the Library of another institution we advise that you familiarise yourself with any local arrangements. These include, opening hours, rules and regulations, store/depository procedures, procedures for viewing theses, layout of the campus or any other relevant information.
- When you visit other University Libraries you will be subject to their rules and regulations, which may differ in detail from those of UCC Library. We recommend that you familiarise yourself with those regulations as any serious infringement of them may result in the imposition of penalties in your own University Library.
- You will be asked to show your UCC ID Card when you visit another Third Level Library.
Last updated: 03 March 2014