When your library account is created it does not have a PIN number attached. You must create one for yourself. UCC uses other PIN numbers, for information about these, click here.
On the left hand side of the Library homepage is a search box.
Click on “My Library Account” to create a PIN number. You will then be presented with a Logon screen.
- Enter your name in the first box, (Surname alone is sufficient).
- In the second box enter your Student number, Staff number or External Reader barcode number. (External Readers can only access their library account and not the library’s online resources).
- When creating a new PIN do not enter any information in the PIN field. Press the submit button.
- You will be presented with a new screen with two fields to enter and set your PIN (see below). Your PIN should be something that is easy for you to remember. This number needs to be at least 6 characters long and alphanumeric, i.e. a combination of letters and numbers.
- Enter your PIN in both boxes and press submit. Your library account should now open.
You have now successfully created a Library PIN.
If you have previously created a PIN number and have forgotten it, click “Forgot your PIN?” This will send an email to the email address on your library account. In the case of students, by default is your student email account, unless you have changed it. For staff it is their UCC email and for all other users it is the email address they provided when setting up their account.
Last updated: 06 October 2014