Welcome to UCC Special Collections
Please click here for our Opening hours
Special Collections also houses UCC theses. Find out more about consulting UCC theses.
The Library holds important collections of rare books, manuscript material, ephemera, photographs and works of art.
The dual role of Special Collections is the care and conservation of these often unique materials, and facilitating research.
We also have a strong commitment to develop Learning and Teaching within Special Collections. We offer various workshops and drop-in sessions, and are currently setting up a training programme for working with primary sources, including digitization projects and online tutorials. These will be aimed at different levels of needs and expertise. Please check Training and Support for more information.
Special Collections are:
- Books, pamphlets, and other printed material published before 1850
- Privately printed books and those which are rare for reasons other than date
- Libraries donated by individuals
- Manuscript collections
- Ordnance survey and estate maps
- Some Official Publications
Special Collections essentials:
Last updated: 25 February 2014