Arts & Humanities > Asian Studies
Arts, Humanities, Multimedia Librarian
Library Databases for Research
- Start with: Academic Search Complete, Wilson Omnifile, JSTOR, ABI-Inform, Wiley, Ingenta, Taylor & Francis, Cambridge University Press, Springerlink, Worldcat, Business Source Complete, Ebrary, Proquest Databases
- Further relevant databases for Asian Studies are listed here. See also databases for Language and Linguistics, Humanities, Business, History etc.
- See the full list of databases available at UCC for more
- Other free web databases: CNKI (top Chinese database), Database of Journal Articles on Modern Chinese Literature, Periodicals.net (journals lists from China), Duxiu: an index of Chinese books and articles, as well as some video, Dacheng Full-text Database of Old Journals: 1.3 million articles from 6,000 journals published from late Qing Dynasty to 1949, Hong Kong Journals Online: selected academic and professional journals, both in English and Chinese, published in Hong Kong.
- Find specific electronic and print journals by searching the 'Journals Portal'
- To get an idea of what is available click here (journals relating to Asia), or here for journals relating to China. Alternatively browse Language journals or Linguistics journals etc.
- For Dictionaries, Thesauri, Biographies etc. See ‘Reference Resources’.
- Other free web reference resources: Word Reference.com, WWW Virtual Library Dictionaries, Lin Yutang's Chinese-English Dictionary of Modern Usage, Chinese tools, SOAS Wa dictionary project, Index 7 database on Chinese writers
- ACLS Humanities e-book (Library resource)
- Free web resources: Chinese classical literature, Chinese text project , Digital Research Library : Modern China studies, Sheffield Corpus of Chinese, University of Virginia Library Chinese Text Initiative, CADAL, Wa Language Corpus, RICAS Database of Chinese Rare Books, Directory of Open Access Books
- General: Internet Archive, Infomine, Europeana, DHO Discovery (Gateway to Irish digital collections), Internet Public Library, Academicinfo.net, Voice of the Shuttle, World Digital Library, European Library, JURN (4,500+ free ejournals in the arts & humanities)
- Asian: DMOZ Asia, Digital Librarian Asian Resources, WWW Virtual Library Internet Guide for Chinese Studies, Chinalinks, Asian Search Engines, Google in Chinese, PAIR, Chinaknowledge, Asian Studies Virtual Library
Last updated: 20 August 2014