Arts & Humanities > Asian Studies
Arts, Humanities, Multimedia Librarian
Library Databases for Research:
- Start with: Academic Search Complete, Wilson Omnifile, JSTOR, ABI-Inform, Wiley, Ingenta, Taylor & Francis, Cambridge University Press, Springerlink, Worldcat, Business Source Complete, Ebrary
- Further relevant databases for Asian Studies are listed here. See also databases for Language and Linguistics, Humanities, Business, History etc.
- See the full list of databases available at UCC for more
- Other free web databases: CNKI (top Chinese database), Database of Journal Articles on Modern Chinese Literature, Periodicals.net (journals lists from China), Duxiu: an index of Chinese books and articles, as well as some video, Dacheng Full-text Database of Old Journals: 1.3 million articles from 6,000 journals published from late Qing Dynasty to 1949, Hong Kong Journals Online: selected academic and professional journals, both in English and Chinese, published in Hong Kong.
- Find specific electronic and print journals by searching the 'Journals Portal'
- To get an idea of what is available click here (journals relating to Asia), or here to get an idea of journals for specific topics. Alternatively browse Language journals or Linguistics journals etc.
- For Dictionaries, Thesauri, Biographies etc. See ‘Reference Resources’.
- Other free web reference resources: Word Reference.com, Chinese English Centre, WWW Virtual Library Dictionaries, Lin Yutang's Chinese-English Dictionary of Modern Usage, Chinese tools, SOAS Wa dictionary project, Index 7 database on Chinese writers
- ACLS Humanities e-book (Library resource)
- Free web resources: Chinese classical literature, Chinese text project , Digital Research Library : Modern China studies, Sheffield Corpus of Chinese, University of Virginia Library Chinese Text Initiative, CADAL, Wa Language Corpus, RICAS Database of Chinese Rare Books, Directory of Open Access Books
- General: Internet Archive, Infomine, Europeana, DHO Discovery (Gateway to Irish digital collections), DRAPier, Internet Public Library, PINAKES, Academicinfo.net, Voice of the Shuttle, World Digital Library, European Library, JURN (4,500+ free ejournals in the arts & humanities)
- Asian: DMOZ Asia, Digital Librarian Asian Resources, WWW Virtual Library Internet Guide for Chinese Studies, Chinalinks, Asian Search Engines, Google in Chinese, PAIR, Chinaknowledge, Asian Studies Virtual Library
Last updated: 14 October 2013