- Start with: Oxford Music Online, JSTOR, RILM, Academic Search Complete, Project Muse, Wilson Omnifile, Proquest Databases
- Further relevant databases are listed here
- See the full list of databases available at UCC for more
- Free Databases on the web: Bach Bibliography, Beethoven Gateway, RISM: Répertoire International des Sources Musicales
- Find specific electronic and print journals, by searching 'Journals' on the Library homepage
- Browse Music journals to get an idea of what is available
'Music Online' Search
Full content of: African American Music Reference, American Song, Classical Music in Video, Classical Music Library, Classical Music Reference Library, Classical Scores Library, Contemporary World Music, Dance in Video, The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music Online, Jazz Music Library, Opera in Video, Smithsonian Global Sound® for Libraries. Search over 860,000 audio tracks, 1,200 hours of video, 26,000 scores, 124,000 pages of reference material:
UCC users also have access to Naxos Music Library the world´s largest online classical music library offering streaming access to more 760,000 tracks.
The Library holds in excess of 2,500 score titles. The majority are held on Q+3. Search for scores on the Library catalogue using a keyword search e.g. score
Vinyl, CD, Cassette
- Dictionaries, Thesauri, Biographies etc. See ‘Reference Resources’
Oxford Music Online/Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians : Grove Music Online has been the leading online resource for music research since its inception in 2001. Oxford Music Online also includes The Oxford Companion to Music, and The Oxford Dictionary of Music.
Catalogues and Open Access Research
- COPAC, British Library, Library of Congress, The European Library, Irish Archives Resource, Worldcat, Hathi Trust Digital Library, Project Gutenberg, RASCL
- RIAN (Irish open access research), OAIster (open access research worldwide), DSpace at Cambridge (University of Cambridge repository), ORA (Oxford University Research Archive).
- General: Europeana, Internet Public Library, Academicinfo.net, DHO Discovery (Gateway to Irish digital collections), Irish Resources in the Humanities, World Digital Library, The European Library, Internet Archive, H-Net, HSIS, Archives Hub (U.K.), Irish Archives Resources
- Music gateways, e.g.: Digital Librarian-Music, American Musicological Society, JURN (4,500+ free ejournals in the arts & humanities)
Last updated: 15 April 2014