Arts & Humanities > History of Art
Arts, Humanities, Multimedia Librarian
Library Databases for Research:
- Start with: JSTOR, ARTstor, Grove Art, Wilson Omnifile, Academic Search Complete, Project Muse, OCLC
- Bibliography of the History of Art/International Bibliography of Art (BHA / IBA): Freely available on the web. Note: bibliographic data to 2007 only - to track down hard-copy or full-text check the library catalogue or journal portal.
- Further relevant databases are listed here
- See the full list of databases available at UCC for more.
- Find specific electronic and print journals by searching the 'Journal portal' on the Library homepage.
- Browse journals with ‘art’ in the title, or ‘Fine arts & Music’ journals to get an idea of what is available
- ARTstor is a digital library with more than 1 million images. It is available to UCC staff and students, both on and off-campus
- See the full ‘Finding Images for Coursework & Research’ guide
- Dictionaries, Thesauri, Biographies etc. See ‘Reference Resources’
- Library Resources: ACLS Humanities e-book
- Free Web resources: Internet Archive Text; Google Books; Project Gutenberg; Directory of Open Access Books
Catalogues and Open Access Research:
- COPAC, British Library, Library of Congress, The European Library, IRIS, Irish Archives Resource
- RIAN (access to Irish open access research), OAIster (access to open access research worldwide), DSpace at Cambridge (University of Cambridge repository), ORA (Oxford University Research Archive).
Web Gateways & Resources:
- General: Europeana, DHO Discovery (Gateway to Irish digital collections), DRAPier, Internet Public Library, PINAKES, Academicinfo.net, Irish Resources in the Humanities, World Digital Library, The European Library
- ‘HEART: E-resources Hub’, ‘E-image space’ (Dept. History of Art)
- National Irish Visual ARTs Library (NIVAL), Art-guide, Artsource, WWW Virtual Library, Art History Resources on the Web, Art History Resources, JURN (4,500+ free ejournals in the arts & humanities)
Last updated: 14 October 2013